DARIEN, Conn. – Police arrested three suspects Thursday on prostitution charges at Sunrise Health Therapeutic Massage in Darien.
The proprietor, Fu Xu, 49, of Elmhurst, N.Y., was charged with promoting prostitution, permitting prostitution and three counts of employing unlicensed massage therapists. Xiuguin Lu, 45, of Flushing, N.Y., was charged with two counts of prostitution and three counts of practicing massage without a license. Fenjiao Gao, 43, of Flushing, N.Y., was charged with interfering with a police officer and practicing massage without a license.
The Patrol Division developed information that patrons of Sunrise Health were being offered sex acts in exchange for money, police said. Darien police launched a four-month investigation, which involved undercover informants, the Connecticut State Police Statewide Organized Crime Investigation Task Force, and the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Police said the arrests led to the seizure of $4,500 in cash, which was in the establishment as well as a vehicle used to transport female employees.
Xu was held on a $5,000 bond, Lu was held on a $20,000 bond and Gao was held on a $1,000 bond. All three are scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 10.
- 1 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station