MILFORD, Conn. — A 16-year-old girl who was a junior at Jonathan Law High School in Milford was stabbed to death inside the school Friday morning, the Hartford Courant reported.
The victim was identified as Maren Sanchez, the Courant said. The suspect, also 16, is in custody but his name was withheld because he is a minor, the Courant said.
The assault happened at 7:15 a.m. in a hallway inside the school and was witnessed by students and staff, the Courant said.
Milford Police Chief Keith Mello said he could not confirm heard rumors that Sanchez had declined an invitation to the prom from the suspect, the Courant said.
School was dismissed for the day at Jonathan Law High School after the stabbing.
Read the full story here at the Hartford Courant.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 4 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Swimmer Finds College Home At Villanova