MILFORD, Conn. — A 16-year-old girl who was a junior at Jonathan Law High School in Milford was stabbed to death inside the school Friday morning, the Hartford Courant reported.
The victim was identified as Maren Sanchez, the Courant said. The suspect, also 16, is in custody but his name was withheld because he is a minor, the Courant said.
The assault happened at 7:15 a.m. in a hallway inside the school and was witnessed by students and staff, the Courant said.
Milford Police Chief Keith Mello said he could not confirm heard rumors that Sanchez had declined an invitation to the prom from the suspect, the Courant said.
School was dismissed for the day at Jonathan Law High School after the stabbing.
Read the full story here at the Hartford Courant.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford