MILFORD, Conn. — A 16-year-old girl who was a junior at Jonathan Law High School in Milford was stabbed to death inside the school Friday morning, the Hartford Courant reported.
The victim was identified as Maren Sanchez, the Courant said. The suspect, also 16, is in custody but his name was withheld because he is a minor, the Courant said.
The assault happened at 7:15 a.m. in a hallway inside the school and was witnessed by students and staff, the Courant said.
Milford Police Chief Keith Mello said he could not confirm heard rumors that Sanchez had declined an invitation to the prom from the suspect, the Courant said.
School was dismissed for the day at Jonathan Law High School after the stabbing.
Read the full story here at the Hartford Courant.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford