STAMFORD, Conn. — The Stamford Daily Voice accepts opinion pieces from residents, which can be submitted by e-mailing reporter Anthony Buzzeo, tbuzzeo@DailyVoice.com.
I have lived in a property-managed development in Stamford for just over two years now, so maintenance is taken care of. Stamford residents don't seem to have to bag their fallen leaves, and instead pile them in front of homes in the streets and on sidewalks. It's making the already narrow roads even narrower, making it difficult for cars to meander the road, especially if there is another car coming from the opposite direction. In addition, if there is a pedestrian walking or jogging, since the sidewalks are covered, they are forced into the street with the cars. This is such a dangerous situation for everyone. I have seen so many close calls with people and cars. Stamford needs to take a hint from neighboring towns like Greenwich, Darien and Norwalk, all of which bag leaves.
The rules in Stamford need to be changed so there is room to drive and walk safely or Stamford has to pick up the leaves on at least a weekly basis. Now that we're getting snow, that makes this bad situation even worse!
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Stamford-Bound Metro-North Train
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place