STAMFORD, Conn. - William "Bill" Geraghty of Stamford died Friday, June 6. He was 90.
Geraghty was born July 30, 1923, the son of Martin James and Bridget Geraghty. He was a lifelong Stamford resident and served in the Army during World War II. He was stationed in Europe as a member of the military police and was on the beaches of Normandy after D-Day.
After leaving the service, he earned his mechanical engineering degree at the Bridgeport Engineering Institute. During his career he worked as a project manager for many Stamford-based companies, including Yale & Towne and AMF.
Geraghty is survived by his wife, Marie (Becky) Geraghty; sister, Katherine Geraghty; children, Anne Henderson (John), Lucy Cushman, Martin Geraghty (Maria), all of Stamford, Joan Colasso (John) of Franklin, Tenn.; and six grandsons and a great-grandson.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11, from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12, at St. Leo's Church, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford, followed by burial at St. John's Cemetery, Stamford.
For more information, visit: http://www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury