STAMFORD, Conn. - William "Bill" Geraghty of Stamford died Friday, June 6. He was 90.
Geraghty was born July 30, 1923, the son of Martin James and Bridget Geraghty. He was a lifelong Stamford resident and served in the Army during World War II. He was stationed in Europe as a member of the military police and was on the beaches of Normandy after D-Day.
After leaving the service, he earned his mechanical engineering degree at the Bridgeport Engineering Institute. During his career he worked as a project manager for many Stamford-based companies, including Yale & Towne and AMF.
Geraghty is survived by his wife, Marie (Becky) Geraghty; sister, Katherine Geraghty; children, Anne Henderson (John), Lucy Cushman, Martin Geraghty (Maria), all of Stamford, Joan Colasso (John) of Franklin, Tenn.; and six grandsons and a great-grandson.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 11, from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 12, at St. Leo's Church, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford, followed by burial at St. John's Cemetery, Stamford.
For more information, visit: http://www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford