STAMFORD, Conn. – Willard King, a longtime Stamford resident, died Sept. 29. He was 79.
King was born April 5, 1933, in Pell City, Ala., to Fred and Beulah Green King. He worked as a machinist in Norwalk for many years before retiring. King enjoyed fishing.
He is survived by his twin brother, Wilbert King, of Villa Rica, Ga.; a brother, Robert King, of Pell City; a special niece, Valerie Leach, of Bridgeport; a special nephew, Hubert Leach, of Norwalk; and many nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
He was predeceased by two sisters, Annette King and Rennie Lee Kelly; and three brothers, Raymond King, F.W. King and Willie King.
A memorial service will be held at noon Saturday at Greater Faith Tabernacle Baptist Church in Stamford. Leo P. Gallagher and Son Funeral Home in Stamford is handling arrangements.
- 1 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 2 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 3 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts
- 4 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 5 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate