STAMFORD, Conn. - Wesley D. Wheeler of Stamford died Friday, April 18. He was 80.
Wheeler graduated from the University of Michigan with a Master's degree in naval architecture and marine engineering and from Worcester Polytechnic Institute with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. He worked for 60 years as a naval architect and marine engineer. He owned Wheeler Associates, which followed a long and successful career in the Marine industry.
Wheeler is survived by his wife, Dolores Janes Wheeler of Stamford; sister, Rosalie Maiden; children, Wesley P. Wheeler, Jonathan H. Wheeler and Deborah Wheeler Fagerstrom; and seven grandchildren.
A small family ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 21 at the Leo Gallagher Funeral Home in Stamford followed by a burial at the Cypress Hills Cemetery in Brooklyn, N.Y. A formal service to remember Wheeler will be held at the 5th Avenue Presbyterian Church. A separate obituary will announce the details in the April 27 Sunday New York Times.
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advocacy Group
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Stamford