STAMFORD, Conn. - Wesley D. Wheeler of Stamford died Friday, April 18. He was 80.
Wheeler graduated from the University of Michigan with a Master's degree in naval architecture and marine engineering and from Worcester Polytechnic Institute with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. He worked for 60 years as a naval architect and marine engineer. He owned Wheeler Associates, which followed a long and successful career in the Marine industry.
Wheeler is survived by his wife, Dolores Janes Wheeler of Stamford; sister, Rosalie Maiden; children, Wesley P. Wheeler, Jonathan H. Wheeler and Deborah Wheeler Fagerstrom; and seven grandchildren.
A small family ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 21 at the Leo Gallagher Funeral Home in Stamford followed by a burial at the Cypress Hills Cemetery in Brooklyn, N.Y. A formal service to remember Wheeler will be held at the 5th Avenue Presbyterian Church. A separate obituary will announce the details in the April 27 Sunday New York Times.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford