STAMFORD, Conn. - Virginia M. Tynes, a former resident of Stamford, died Saturday, June 7. She was 91.
Tynes was born Jan. 5, 1923, to John and May Moore Lee. She attended St. John’s School and Stamford High School. She worked as a telephone operator at SNET and prepared and served lunches at General Signal Corp. in Stamford. Some years later, she and her husband owned and operated a restaurant in Stamford. She was a parishioner and member of the Rosary Society at St. Mary’s Church in Stamford.
Tynes is survived by her sons, Edward A. Tynes Jr., of Stamford, Thomas Tynes (Susan); daughters, Lee Cordon (Michael) and Lynn Padgett; eight grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; and a great great granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Edward A. Tynes Sr.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Saturday, June 14 at 9:20 a.m. and proceed to St. Mary’s RC Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at St. John’s Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to St. Camillus Skilled Nursing Facility, 10101 W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53226.
- 1 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County