STAMFORD, Conn. - Virginia M. Tynes, a former resident of Stamford, died Saturday, June 7. She was 91.
Tynes was born Jan. 5, 1923, to John and May Moore Lee. She attended St. John’s School and Stamford High School. She worked as a telephone operator at SNET and prepared and served lunches at General Signal Corp. in Stamford. Some years later, she and her husband owned and operated a restaurant in Stamford. She was a parishioner and member of the Rosary Society at St. Mary’s Church in Stamford.
Tynes is survived by her sons, Edward A. Tynes Jr., of Stamford, Thomas Tynes (Susan); daughters, Lee Cordon (Michael) and Lynn Padgett; eight grandchildren; 12 great grandchildren; and a great great granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Edward A. Tynes Sr.
Calling hours are Friday, June 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Saturday, June 14 at 9:20 a.m. and proceed to St. Mary’s RC Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at St. John’s Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to St. Camillus Skilled Nursing Facility, 10101 W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53226.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint