STAMFORD, Conn. - Victor E. Fazio of Stamford Aug. 30. He was 92.
Fazio was born May 21, 1922, he was raised by his aunt and uncle, John and Rose Vetter of Erie, Pa. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He retired from Machlettes, where he worked as a machinist for 30 years. He was a member of the Springdale VFW Post #9617 and also a 4th Degree member of the Knights of Columbus. He was a volunteer for the Stamford Public School Systems where he taught reading as a second language and he also volunteered at the Democratic headquarters.
Fazio is survived by his wife, Susan (Pedwano) Fazio; daughters, Jo-Ann Andrasi and Patty Mancini (Frank); four grandchildren; and eight great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his daughter, Darlene Fazio.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Sept. 2 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 3 at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery, Greenwich.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48