RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Verna “Jean” Budd of Ridgefield died Sunday, Feb. 22. She was 92.
Budd was born Feb. 11, 1922, in Galesburg, Kansas, the daughter of Chester and Hazel (Redman) Willis. She graduated from Chanute High School and Chanute Junior College. Following her graduation she flew for two years for American Airlines as a flight attendant. After her marriage she lived with her husband and family in Stamford before finally settling down in Ridgefield. She retired to Harrisonburg, Va., and then returned to Ridgefield following the passing of her husband to be closer to her family and friends.
Budd is survived by her daughter, Kathryn (Bart) Keaveny of Ridgefield; son, William E. (Linda) Budd, Jr. from Des Moines, Iowa; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; many nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her husband, William E. Budd.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield, with a wake service at 6:45 p.m. Burial will take place in Harrisonburg, Va.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running
- 5 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News