RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Verna “Jean” Budd of Ridgefield died Sunday, Feb. 22. She was 92.
Budd was born Feb. 11, 1922, in Galesburg, Kansas, the daughter of Chester and Hazel (Redman) Willis. She graduated from Chanute High School and Chanute Junior College. Following her graduation she flew for two years for American Airlines as a flight attendant. After her marriage she lived with her husband and family in Stamford before finally settling down in Ridgefield. She retired to Harrisonburg, Va., and then returned to Ridgefield following the passing of her husband to be closer to her family and friends.
Budd is survived by her daughter, Kathryn (Bart) Keaveny of Ridgefield; son, William E. (Linda) Budd, Jr. from Des Moines, Iowa; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; many nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her husband, William E. Budd.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield, with a wake service at 6:45 p.m. Burial will take place in Harrisonburg, Va.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 Future 5 Hires First Development Director In Stamford