RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Verna “Jean” Budd of Ridgefield died Sunday, Feb. 22. She was 92.
Budd was born Feb. 11, 1922, in Galesburg, Kansas, the daughter of Chester and Hazel (Redman) Willis. She graduated from Chanute High School and Chanute Junior College. Following her graduation she flew for two years for American Airlines as a flight attendant. After her marriage she lived with her husband and family in Stamford before finally settling down in Ridgefield. She retired to Harrisonburg, Va., and then returned to Ridgefield following the passing of her husband to be closer to her family and friends.
Budd is survived by her daughter, Kathryn (Bart) Keaveny of Ridgefield; son, William E. (Linda) Budd, Jr. from Des Moines, Iowa; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; many nieces, nephews; and friends. She was predeceased by her husband, William E. Budd.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield, with a wake service at 6:45 p.m. Burial will take place in Harrisonburg, Va.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station