STAMFORD, Conn. - Tommaso Marena of Stamford died Monday, Aug. 18. He was 81.
Marena was born Jan. 12, 1933, in San Mango, Sul Calore, Italy, to Giovanni and Ernesta Reppucci Marena. He immigrated to the U.S. from Italy with his family. He was a self employed mason.
Marena is survived by his wife, Michelina Coppola Marena of Stamford; daughters, Ernesta Martin (Ralph) and Patricia Aslam; son, Anthony Marena (Josephine) all of Stamford; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Salvatore Marena from Stamford; two brothers in Italy; three sisters; and son-in-law, Feroze Aslam of Stamford.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 20 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Thursday, Aug. 21 at 9 a.m. for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart RC Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at Queen of Peace Cemetery, Rockrimmon Road, Stamford.
Donations may be made in Marena’s memory to Sacred Heart RC Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 4 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 5 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running