STAMFORD, Conn. - Tjerk “Jerry” Zwart Jr., a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Sunday, Aug. 3. He was 79.
Zwart was born June 22, 1935, in Stamford, to Tjerk J. and Elizabeth Romano Zwart Sr. He was a veteran of the Korean War, serving in the U.S. Army. He was employed as a prototype mechanic in the experimental dept. of Con Diesel of CT for 30 years until his retirement.
Zwart is survived by his sisters, Joan Wofsey and Gail Macari of Stamford; brother-in-law, Robert Pekar; and many nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Betty Lou Pekar; and brothers-in-law, Gerald Wofsey and Domenick Macari.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 8, at St. Bridget of Ireland Roman Catholic Church, 278 Strawberry Hill Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Zwart’s memory to the Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675.
For more information, visit www.cognetta.com
- 1 Author Polacco To Visit Elementary Kids In Stamford
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Stamford
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Stamford Overnight