STAMFORD, Conn. - Tjerk “Jerry” Zwart Jr., a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Sunday, Aug. 3. He was 79.
Zwart was born June 22, 1935, in Stamford, to Tjerk J. and Elizabeth Romano Zwart Sr. He was a veteran of the Korean War, serving in the U.S. Army. He was employed as a prototype mechanic in the experimental dept. of Con Diesel of CT for 30 years until his retirement.
Zwart is survived by his sisters, Joan Wofsey and Gail Macari of Stamford; brother-in-law, Robert Pekar; and many nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; sister, Betty Lou Pekar; and brothers-in-law, Gerald Wofsey and Domenick Macari.
There will be no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 8, at St. Bridget of Ireland Roman Catholic Church, 278 Strawberry Hill Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Zwart’s memory to the Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675.
For more information, visit www.cognetta.com
- 1 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 2 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money