STAMFORD, Conn. - Theresa J. Lacerenza of Stamford died Saturday, July 12. She was 92.
Lacerenza was born Nov. 11, 1921, in Stamford, to Albert and Josephine Gervasio Russo. She was a member of the Sacred Heart Parish Rosary Altar Society and worked in the parish's Religious Education program for over 30 years.
Lacerenza is survived by her husband, Peter J. Lacerenza; son, Frank (Arlene Norko) Lacerenza of Milford; two grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two step-great-grandchildren; sister, Marie Lombardo of Trumbull; brother-in-law Michael Toreso of Stamford; and many nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her parents; son, Peter; brother, Ralph Russo; and several brothers- and sisters-in-law.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 15, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to a charity of one's choice.
- 1 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director