STAMFORD, Conn. – Sylvia G. Crocco Serafino, of Stamford, died Jan. 30 at Smith House, surrounded by family. She was 81.
Serafino was born Nov. 26, 1931, in Stamford to Michael and Angelina Bruno Crocco. She was a member and officer of the Sacred Heart Rosary and Altar Society for 55 years. She enjoyed cooking, baking and entertaining her friends and spending time with her family.
She is survived by two sons, James M. (Wanda) Serafino Sr., of Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., and Ralph J. Serafino Jr., of Stamford; her stepmother, Esterina Crocco, of Stamford; a sister, Michelle Crocco, of Stamford; a brother, Michael M. (Rita) Crocco, of Stamford; four grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Serfaino was predeceased by her husband, Ralph J. Serafino Sr.; a grandson, R.J Serafino III; two brothers, Gerald and Salvatore Crocco; and a sister, Anna Agostino.
A funeral procession will leave Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home in Stamford at 10:40 a.m. Saturday. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. at Sacred Heart Church in Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John’s Mausoleum in Darien. Visitation is from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say