STAMFORD, Conn. - Sue Bongo of Stamford died June 8. She was 96.
Bongo was born Dec. 13, 1917, in Stamford, she was the daughter of Joseph and Anna Alteri.
Bongo is survived by her children, James F. Bongo, Jr., Richard J. Bongo and Carol J. Lota (Sam); sister, Jennie Aniello (Joseph); brother, Sal Alteri; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, James F. Bongo, Sr.; sister, Pauline E. Altieri; and brothers, Peter Altieri and Canio Altieri.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11 at St. Cecilia's Church, 1184 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings