STAMFORD, Conn. - Sue Bongo of Stamford died June 8. She was 96.
Bongo was born Dec. 13, 1917, in Stamford, she was the daughter of Joseph and Anna Alteri.
Bongo is survived by her children, James F. Bongo, Jr., Richard J. Bongo and Carol J. Lota (Sam); sister, Jennie Aniello (Joseph); brother, Sal Alteri; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, James F. Bongo, Sr.; sister, Pauline E. Altieri; and brothers, Peter Altieri and Canio Altieri.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11 at St. Cecilia's Church, 1184 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal