STAMFORD, Conn. - Sue Bongo of Stamford died June 8. She was 96.
Bongo was born Dec. 13, 1917, in Stamford, she was the daughter of Joseph and Anna Alteri.
Bongo is survived by her children, James F. Bongo, Jr., Richard J. Bongo and Carol J. Lota (Sam); sister, Jennie Aniello (Joseph); brother, Sal Alteri; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, James F. Bongo, Sr.; sister, Pauline E. Altieri; and brothers, Peter Altieri and Canio Altieri.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11 at St. Cecilia's Church, 1184 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 No Injuries Reported In Stamford Garage Fire; House Also Damaged
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Man Charged In Handsaw Attack In Stamford That Injured Ex's New Boyfriend
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting