STAMFORD, Conn. - Sue Bongo of Stamford died June 8. She was 96.
Bongo was born Dec. 13, 1917, in Stamford, she was the daughter of Joseph and Anna Alteri.
Bongo is survived by her children, James F. Bongo, Jr., Richard J. Bongo and Carol J. Lota (Sam); sister, Jennie Aniello (Joseph); brother, Sal Alteri; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, James F. Bongo, Sr.; sister, Pauline E. Altieri; and brothers, Peter Altieri and Canio Altieri.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11 at St. Cecilia's Church, 1184 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 4 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say