STAMFORD, Conn. - Sue Bongo of Stamford died June 8. She was 96.
Bongo was born Dec. 13, 1917, in Stamford, she was the daughter of Joseph and Anna Alteri.
Bongo is survived by her children, James F. Bongo, Jr., Richard J. Bongo and Carol J. Lota (Sam); sister, Jennie Aniello (Joseph); brother, Sal Alteri; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, James F. Bongo, Sr.; sister, Pauline E. Altieri; and brothers, Peter Altieri and Canio Altieri.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11 at St. Cecilia's Church, 1184 Newfield Ave., Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border