STAMFORD, Conn. - Stella K. Marmarinos of Stamford died Tuesday, April 8. She was 92.
Marmarinos was born Oct. 11, 1921, in New York City, to Demetrios and Athena Stellianou Kyriaco. She graduated from Washington Irving High School in the Bronx, N.Y. She was a dressmaker, and worked in the fur industry.
Marmarinos is survived by her daughter, Kiki Marmarinos of Stamford; a granddaughter; several nieces, nephews; great nieces, nephews; and great great nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael K. Marmarinos; sister, Aliki Aposperis; and brother, Andrew Kyriaco.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 10 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford with a Trisagian service at 7 p.m. A funeral procession will leave Friday, April 11 at 9:20 a.m from the funeral home for a funeral service to be celebrated at 10 a.m. at the Church of the Archangels,1527 Bedford St., Stamford. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery, New Canaan.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in memory of Marmarinos to the Church of the Archangels, 1527 Bedford St., Stamford, CT 06905 or to the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, 1230 Newfield Ave., Stamford, CT 06905.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision