STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford community is mourning the death of Rabbi Joseph Ehrenkranz, who led Congregation Agudath Sholom for nearly 45 years, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Ehrenkranz, 87, died in Tel Aviv. He had been living there for about four years with his wife, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Ehrenkranz is perhaps best known for his efforts to unite the Jewish and Catholic communities in the area, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, handled arrangements. More information on services can be found here.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station