STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford community is mourning the death of Rabbi Joseph Ehrenkranz, who led Congregation Agudath Sholom for nearly 45 years, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Ehrenkranz, 87, died in Tel Aviv. He had been living there for about four years with his wife, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Ehrenkranz is perhaps best known for his efforts to unite the Jewish and Catholic communities in the area, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, handled arrangements. More information on services can be found here.
- 1 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 2 Stamford Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 3 Stamford Resident Completes West Point Cadet Basic Training
- 4 Census: 18.6% Of Children In Stamford Are Living in Poverty
- 5 William Pitt Sotheby's Intl. Realty Plans Grand Opening In North Stamford