STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford community is mourning the death of Rabbi Joseph Ehrenkranz, who led Congregation Agudath Sholom for nearly 45 years, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Ehrenkranz, 87, died in Tel Aviv. He had been living there for about four years with his wife, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Ehrenkranz is perhaps best known for his efforts to unite the Jewish and Catholic communities in the area, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, handled arrangements. More information on services can be found here.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects