STAMFORD, Conn. - Salvatore M. Guarna of Stamford died Friday, June 6. He was 76.
Guarna was born July 15, 1937, in Arena, Italy, to Salvatore and Marianna Iorfino Guarna. He was a self-employed painting contractor for many years before his retirement.
Guarna is survived by his wife, Caterina Agostino Guarna of Stamford; daughters, Dr. Anna Guarna (Vito) Quivelli of Stamford and Rose Tallo (Joe) of Shelton; sister, Michelle Iorfino of Shelton; four grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Michele, Angelo, Nazzareno Guarna; and sister, Maria Guarna.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Wednesday, June 11, at 10 a.m. for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Entombment will be privately held for the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Guarna’s memory to the American Heart Association, 5 Brookside Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492 or to the American Kidney Fund, 11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20852.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide