STAMFORD, Conn. - Salvatore M. Guarna of Stamford died Friday, June 6. He was 76.
Guarna was born July 15, 1937, in Arena, Italy, to Salvatore and Marianna Iorfino Guarna. He was a self-employed painting contractor for many years before his retirement.
Guarna is survived by his wife, Caterina Agostino Guarna of Stamford; daughters, Dr. Anna Guarna (Vito) Quivelli of Stamford and Rose Tallo (Joe) of Shelton; sister, Michelle Iorfino of Shelton; four grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Michele, Angelo, Nazzareno Guarna; and sister, Maria Guarna.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Wednesday, June 11, at 10 a.m. for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Entombment will be privately held for the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Guarna’s memory to the American Heart Association, 5 Brookside Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492 or to the American Kidney Fund, 11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20852.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three In Custody After Shooting, Police Chase From Stamford To Norwalk