STAMFORD, Conn. - Salvatore M. Guarna of Stamford died Friday, June 6. He was 76.
Guarna was born July 15, 1937, in Arena, Italy, to Salvatore and Marianna Iorfino Guarna. He was a self-employed painting contractor for many years before his retirement.
Guarna is survived by his wife, Caterina Agostino Guarna of Stamford; daughters, Dr. Anna Guarna (Vito) Quivelli of Stamford and Rose Tallo (Joe) of Shelton; sister, Michelle Iorfino of Shelton; four grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Michele, Angelo, Nazzareno Guarna; and sister, Maria Guarna.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Wednesday, June 11, at 10 a.m. for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Entombment will be privately held for the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Guarna’s memory to the American Heart Association, 5 Brookside Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492 or to the American Kidney Fund, 11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20852.
- 1 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 2 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Stamford Police Warn Of Strange Men Approaching School Girls
- 5 Woman Builds Business Empire In Stamford After Emigrating From Ecuador