STAMFORD, Conn. - Salvatore M. Guarna of Stamford died Friday, June 6. He was 76.
Guarna was born July 15, 1937, in Arena, Italy, to Salvatore and Marianna Iorfino Guarna. He was a self-employed painting contractor for many years before his retirement.
Guarna is survived by his wife, Caterina Agostino Guarna of Stamford; daughters, Dr. Anna Guarna (Vito) Quivelli of Stamford and Rose Tallo (Joe) of Shelton; sister, Michelle Iorfino of Shelton; four grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brothers, Michele, Angelo, Nazzareno Guarna; and sister, Maria Guarna.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Wednesday, June 11, at 10 a.m. for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Entombment will be privately held for the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Guarna’s memory to the American Heart Association, 5 Brookside Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492 or to the American Kidney Fund, 11921 Rockville Pike, Suite 300, Rockville, MD 20852.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Stamford Skies Sunday
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95