STAMFORD, Conn. - S. Rudy Gatto of Stamford died Tuesday, June 10. He was 78.
Gatto was born Jan. 6, 1936, in Reggio Calabria, Italy, to Rocco and Rosa (Cagliuso) Gatto. In 1961, he came to the United States. He owned the S. Rudy Gatto Painting Co.
Gatto is survived by his wife, Mary Ann Gatto; son, Christopher Gatto (Laura S.); daughter, Evana Gatto of Darien; Gatto, two grandchildren; and sister, Germana (Gatto) Andreoli of Genoa, Italy. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Franco; and sisters Eva and Ivana.
Calling hours are Monday, June 16, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Avenue, Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Tuesday, June 17, at 10:20 a.m. for Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford, for a Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say