STAMFORD, Conn. - S. Rudy Gatto of Stamford died Tuesday, June 10. He was 78.
Gatto was born Jan. 6, 1936, in Reggio Calabria, Italy, to Rocco and Rosa (Cagliuso) Gatto. In 1961, he came to the United States. He owned the S. Rudy Gatto Painting Co.
Gatto is survived by his wife, Mary Ann Gatto; son, Christopher Gatto (Laura S.); daughter, Evana Gatto of Darien; Gatto, two grandchildren; and sister, Germana (Gatto) Andreoli of Genoa, Italy. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Franco; and sisters Eva and Ivana.
Calling hours are Monday, June 16, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Avenue, Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Tuesday, June 17, at 10:20 a.m. for Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford, for a Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director