STAMFORD, Conn. - S. Rudy Gatto of Stamford died Tuesday, June 10. He was 78.
Gatto was born Jan. 6, 1936, in Reggio Calabria, Italy, to Rocco and Rosa (Cagliuso) Gatto. In 1961, he came to the United States. He owned the S. Rudy Gatto Painting Co.
Gatto is survived by his wife, Mary Ann Gatto; son, Christopher Gatto (Laura S.); daughter, Evana Gatto of Darien; Gatto, two grandchildren; and sister, Germana (Gatto) Andreoli of Genoa, Italy. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Franco; and sisters Eva and Ivana.
Calling hours are Monday, June 16, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Avenue, Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Tuesday, June 17, at 10:20 a.m. for Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford, for a Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. Interment will follow at St. John’s Roman Catholic Cemetery, Darien.
- 1 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station