STAMFORD, Conn. – Rosino Zezima of Stamford died Oct. 17. He was 78.
Zezima was born Feb. 20, 1934, in Settefratti, Italy. He married Maria DiPreta on Oct. 28, 1956, and moved with his family to the United States in 1971. He retired from the New Canaan Board of Education in 1999.
He enjoyed being with his family, gardening and sharing the fruits of his labor with others. He could be found tinkering in his garage. He also loved to make his own wine.
Zezima is survived by his wife of 56 years, Maria; five children, Felicita, Elena, Celestina, Franco and Giovanna; two sons-in-law, Theodore and Anthony; a daughter-in-law, Adriana; two sisters, Gerarda and Antonetta; and 15 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by a daughter, Giovanna.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lacerenza Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Church in Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery in Darien.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 5 Stamford's SAC Capital Boss Makes Forbes Billionaire List