STAMFORD, Conn. – Rosino Zezima of Stamford died Oct. 17. He was 78.
Zezima was born Feb. 20, 1934, in Settefratti, Italy. He married Maria DiPreta on Oct. 28, 1956, and moved with his family to the United States in 1971. He retired from the New Canaan Board of Education in 1999.
He enjoyed being with his family, gardening and sharing the fruits of his labor with others. He could be found tinkering in his garage. He also loved to make his own wine.
Zezima is survived by his wife of 56 years, Maria; five children, Felicita, Elena, Celestina, Franco and Giovanna; two sons-in-law, Theodore and Anthony; a daughter-in-law, Adriana; two sisters, Gerarda and Antonetta; and 15 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by a daughter, Giovanna.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Lacerenza Funeral Home and Cremation Services in Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Church in Stamford. Entombment will follow at St. John's Cemetery in Darien.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued