STAMFORD, Conn. – Rosemary "Bobbie" Barbara Murphy, a Stamford native, died Dec. 9 at her home in Newtown, Conn., after a brief illness. She was 86.
Murphy was born June 15, 1926, in Stamford to Peter and Rose Pellicci Karukas. She graduated from Stamford High School and moved to Newtown in 1959.
She previously was employed as a secretary at Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford and Fairfield Hills Hospital before retiring from Pitney Bowes in Newtown.
She enjoyed spending time with her family and attending her great-grandchildren's school and sporting activities. She was a parishioner St. Rose of Lima Church and volunteer with Meals on Wheels in Newtown for 10 years.
Murphy is survived by her husband of 66 years, James W. Murphy; two children, James R. (MaryLou) Murphy, of Loveland, Ohio; a daughter, Catherine (Daniel) Murphy, of Danbury; five grandsons; and eight great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by a brother, Nicholas; a sister, Estelle; and a grandson, Shaun Murphy.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Rose of Lima Church in Newtown. Burial will follow at Newtown Village Cemetery. Honan Funeral Home in Newtown is handling the arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western Connecticut, 405 Main Street, Danbury, CT 06810, or Juvenile Diabetes Association.
- 1 Stamford Doctor Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 2 Stamford Man Charged In Late Night Sex Assault In Apartment Building
- 3 Stamford Man Charged With Visiting Apartment Building Despite Ban
- 4 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 5 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme