STAMFORD, Conn - Rose Krapowicz of Stamford, and former longtime resident of Pound Ridge, N.Y., died Friday, April 11. She was 104.
Krapowicz was born Feb. 6, 1910, she was the daughter of Anthony and Stephania Fenick. She grew up on a working farm on Barnegat Road in Pound Ridge, N.Y. As a young woman, she worked as a governess in Washington D.C., and Greenwich. She and her husband, Jacob owned and managed Pioneer Tree Experts, a nursery/landscaping business. She sold fresh vegetables and canned goods from her stand in Pound Ridge, as well as delivering them to clients in the Ridgefield and New Canaan areas.
She was a parishioner of St. Aloysius in New Canaan. She remained independent in her Pound Ridge home until the age of 102, at which time she moved to Brighton Gardens of Stamford. This year the City of Stamford proclaimed Feb. 6 Rose Krapowicz Day in honor of her 104th birthday.
Krapowicz is survived by her son-in-law, Richard Safford; six grandchildren; and six great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Jacob R. Krapowicz; children, Marion A.Safford of LaGrangeville and Jacob C. Krapowicz of Danbury; and daughter-in-law, Elna Krapowicz.
Calling hours are Friday, April 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 26 at St Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan, with Interment to follow in Lakeview Cemetery.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview