KEY WEST, Fla. - Richard F. Farkas Sr., of Key West, formerly of Newtown, died July 16. He was 75.
Farkas was born Dec. 26, 1938, to John and Marion Farkas of Bridgeport. He graduated from Central High School in 1956 and immediately joined the U.S. Navy where he served four years. He then resided in Newtown with his family, where he was active in the community. He was the vice president of Hamilton Standard of Stamford when he decided to move with his wife and children to Key West in 1971.
Farkas is survived by his daughters, Beverly June Gregory (Dana), Sandra Lynn Averette (Alan); son, Richard F. Farkas Jr. (Shauna); wife, Beverly M. Farkas; sister, Susan Chouinard (Bob) of Newtown; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, family members and friends.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School