KEY WEST, Fla. - Richard F. Farkas Sr., of Key West, formerly of Newtown, died July 16. He was 75.
Farkas was born Dec. 26, 1938, to John and Marion Farkas of Bridgeport. He graduated from Central High School in 1956 and immediately joined the U.S. Navy where he served four years. He then resided in Newtown with his family, where he was active in the community. He was the vice president of Hamilton Standard of Stamford when he decided to move with his wife and children to Key West in 1971.
Farkas is survived by his daughters, Beverly June Gregory (Dana), Sandra Lynn Averette (Alan); son, Richard F. Farkas Jr. (Shauna); wife, Beverly M. Farkas; sister, Susan Chouinard (Bob) of Newtown; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, family members and friends.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made