KEY WEST, Fla. - Richard F. Farkas Sr., of Key West, formerly of Newtown, died July 16. He was 75.
Farkas was born Dec. 26, 1938, to John and Marion Farkas of Bridgeport. He graduated from Central High School in 1956 and immediately joined the U.S. Navy where he served four years. He then resided in Newtown with his family, where he was active in the community. He was the vice president of Hamilton Standard of Stamford when he decided to move with his wife and children to Key West in 1971.
Farkas is survived by his daughters, Beverly June Gregory (Dana), Sandra Lynn Averette (Alan); son, Richard F. Farkas Jr. (Shauna); wife, Beverly M. Farkas; sister, Susan Chouinard (Bob) of Newtown; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, family members and friends.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm