SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Reginald Ray Barker of San Diego, formerly of Stamford, Conn., March 25. He was 83.
Barker served in the United States Army and then in the Air Force from 1951 until 1958 before moving to Las Vegas and later back to Stamford. He was a jazz musician, playing in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Reno, and for many years with the Marvin Paymer Trio at the Landmark Club in downtown Stamford. After retirement he moved to San Diego.
Barker is survived by his wife, Darlene; son, Stephen (Raimund) of Brooklyn, N.Y.; daughter, JoAnn Jacques of Arlington, Va.; two grandchildren; sister, Mary Bonomo (Joseph) of Valhalla, N.Y. He was predeceased by his brothers, Ernest and Albert.
Interment will be private in Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, Point Loma, San Diego. A gathering to celebrate Barker's life will be held at a later date near Stamford.
- 1 Stamford Man, Girlfriend Charged In Attack On His Ex-Wife
- 2 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 3 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 5 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty