SAN DIEGO, Calif. - Reginald Ray Barker of San Diego, formerly of Stamford, Conn., March 25. He was 83.
Barker served in the United States Army and then in the Air Force from 1951 until 1958 before moving to Las Vegas and later back to Stamford. He was a jazz musician, playing in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Reno, and for many years with the Marvin Paymer Trio at the Landmark Club in downtown Stamford. After retirement he moved to San Diego.
Barker is survived by his wife, Darlene; son, Stephen (Raimund) of Brooklyn, N.Y.; daughter, JoAnn Jacques of Arlington, Va.; two grandchildren; sister, Mary Bonomo (Joseph) of Valhalla, N.Y. He was predeceased by his brothers, Ernest and Albert.
Interment will be private in Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery, Point Loma, San Diego. A gathering to celebrate Barker's life will be held at a later date near Stamford.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford For Monday Morning Commute