SHEFFIELD, Mass. - Peter Martin of Sheffield, formerly of Stamford, died Dec. 30. He was 83.
Martin was born June 2, 1930, in New York City, to Mae and Harry Martin of New York. He graduated from Ripon College, Ripon, Wis., in 1953, lived in Stamford for over 30 years, before moving to Sheffield, Mass.
After being discharged from the Army as a 1st lieutenant, he worked for Continental Can, opened his own public relations firm in Stamford, which was merged with Clairol's public relations department, where he was Director of PR. He reopened Peter Martin Associates in New York City.
Martin is survived by his wife, Margaret Zahner Martin of Sheffield, Mass.; children, Peter Martin Jr. (Alice) of Black Rock, Beth Hart (Doug) of Bonita, Calif., Pam Blosio (Robbie) of New Canaan, Lisa Martin of Norwalk and Margot Dahlberg (Sean) of Farmingdale, Mark Kampa of San Diego, Calif., Meghan Kampa of San Francisco, Calif.; five grandchildren; and many extended families. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Stephen.
A Celebration of Life will be held in June.
Memorial donations may be made to Berkshire Medical Center Cancer Center, payable to Berkshire Medical Center - note it is for the Hillcrest Cancer Center- mail to: BMC, Development Office, 725 North Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or donate to the American Cancer Society (https://donate.cancer.org).
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide