SHEFFIELD, Mass. - Peter Martin of Sheffield, formerly of Stamford, died Dec. 30. He was 83.
Martin was born June 2, 1930, in New York City, to Mae and Harry Martin of New York. He graduated from Ripon College, Ripon, Wis., in 1953, lived in Stamford for over 30 years, before moving to Sheffield, Mass.
After being discharged from the Army as a 1st lieutenant, he worked for Continental Can, opened his own public relations firm in Stamford, which was merged with Clairol's public relations department, where he was Director of PR. He reopened Peter Martin Associates in New York City.
Martin is survived by his wife, Margaret Zahner Martin of Sheffield, Mass.; children, Peter Martin Jr. (Alice) of Black Rock, Beth Hart (Doug) of Bonita, Calif., Pam Blosio (Robbie) of New Canaan, Lisa Martin of Norwalk and Margot Dahlberg (Sean) of Farmingdale, Mark Kampa of San Diego, Calif., Meghan Kampa of San Francisco, Calif.; five grandchildren; and many extended families. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, Stephen.
A Celebration of Life will be held in June.
Memorial donations may be made to Berkshire Medical Center Cancer Center, payable to Berkshire Medical Center - note it is for the Hillcrest Cancer Center- mail to: BMC, Development Office, 725 North Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or donate to the American Cancer Society (https://donate.cancer.org).
- 1 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 2 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money