STAMFORD, Conn. - Patricia Gormsen Smuda, of Stamford June 12. She was 85.
Smuda was born Oct. 7, 1928, in White Plains Hospital, she was the daughter of Harold F. Gormsen and Elsie Plassmann Gormsen of Eastchester, N.Y. She graduated from Eastchester High School, Eastchester, N.Y., in 1946 and the N.Y. Institute of Dietetics in 1947.
Smuda is survived by her daughters, Linda (Ed) Myder of Greenwich, Patricia (John) Smuda of Stamford; son, Michael Smuda of Fairfield; step sister, Joan Kennell Olney of Alabama; step brother, John Kennell of Texas; six grandchildren; and five great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, Harold Gormsen of Florida.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. Service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 18 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla, N.Y.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings
- 5 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford