STAMFORD, Conn. - Patricia Gormsen Smuda, of Stamford June 12. She was 85.
Smuda was born Oct. 7, 1928, in White Plains Hospital, she was the daughter of Harold F. Gormsen and Elsie Plassmann Gormsen of Eastchester, N.Y. She graduated from Eastchester High School, Eastchester, N.Y., in 1946 and the N.Y. Institute of Dietetics in 1947.
Smuda is survived by her daughters, Linda (Ed) Myder of Greenwich, Patricia (John) Smuda of Stamford; son, Michael Smuda of Fairfield; step sister, Joan Kennell Olney of Alabama; step brother, John Kennell of Texas; six grandchildren; and five great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, Harold Gormsen of Florida.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. Service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 18 at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Kensico Cemetery in Valhalla, N.Y.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued