STAMFORD, Conn. - Pasqualina "Pat" Palazzo of Stamford died Tuesday, May 6. She was 91.
Palazzo was born June 21, 1922, in Mount Vernon, N.Y., to Pasquale and Marianna DiMatteo Volpe. After moving to Connecticut in 1958, she resided in Stamford, where she had a 20-year career at GE Credit Corp. She retired in 1984 and then became a volunteer at St. Leo's Parish.
Palazzo is survived by her children, Tina Spalin (Rod), and Nicholas Palazzo (Michelle), all of Stamford; four grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Michael J. Palazzo; sisters, Mary DeNicola and Carmella Antonini; and brother, Amadeo Volpe.
Calling hours are Thursday, May 8, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home Friday, May 9, at 10 a.m. for a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 a.m. at St. Leo Parish, 24 Roxbury Road, Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Palazzo's memory to the Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Stamford Skies Sunday
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95