NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Nicholas J. Carlino, Jr., a New Canaan resident for over 42 years, died Tuesday, May 6. He was 85.
Carlino was born Nov. 16, 1928, in Stamford, and was the son of Nicholas and Lillian Quell Carlino Sr. He worked for the City of Stamford for 39 years in both the Highway and Maintenance Departments. He had been a member of the Turn of River Volunteer Fire Department. He was a past Grand Knight of the Fr. John Stapleton Council #2287 of the Knights of Columbus in New Canaan.
Carlino is survived by his wife, Rose; sister-in-law, Mary (James) Maher of Eastchester, N.Y.; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Roger Carlino; and sister, Katherine.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 10 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Funeral Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Monday, May 12 at 10 a.m. in St Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday