NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Nicholas J. Carlino, Jr., a New Canaan resident for over 42 years, died Tuesday, May 6. He was 85.
Carlino was born Nov. 16, 1928, in Stamford, and was the son of Nicholas and Lillian Quell Carlino Sr. He worked for the City of Stamford for 39 years in both the Highway and Maintenance Departments. He had been a member of the Turn of River Volunteer Fire Department. He was a past Grand Knight of the Fr. John Stapleton Council #2287 of the Knights of Columbus in New Canaan.
Carlino is survived by his wife, Rose; sister-in-law, Mary (James) Maher of Eastchester, N.Y.; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Roger Carlino; and sister, Katherine.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 10 from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Funeral Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Monday, May 12 at 10 a.m. in St Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 3 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield
- 4 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 5 Stamford, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades