STAMFORD, Conn. - Nettie Messina of Stamford died March 13. She was 89.
Messina was born Oct. 24, 1925, in Stamford, to Vito and Mary (Sabato) Gerardi. She attended
Stamford schools and was a dressmaker at a bridal shop in Stamford for many years. She also worked at Grants and as a teacher's aide at Springdale Elementary School. She was a member of the Sacred Heart Rosary Society and Knights of Columbus Ladies Auxiliary.
Messina is survived by her son, Joseph Messina; two grandsons; sisters, Vites Conetta and Anna Arena; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Angelo Messina; and sisters, Rosalyn Gerardi, Josephine Ippolito and Mildred (Mickey) Ursone.
Calling hours are Friday, March 21 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 21 at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Inurnment will follow at St. John's Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Stamford Hospice at the Stamford Hospital, Shelburne Road, Stamford, CT 06902.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Stamford Man Faces Prison Term For Having Oral Sex With 12-Year-Old
- 3 Stamford Adds Hours At Government Center For Beach Sticker Sales
- 4 Stamford Man Convicted Of Trying To Hire A Hit Man To Kill Wife's Lover
- 5 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby