BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. - Nancy Borden Deneen of Brevard County, formerly of Greenwich, died Thursday, June 19. She was 81.
Deneen was born March 9, 1933, in Akron, Ohio, the daughter of Karl and Ruth Palmquist-Borden. She was a graduate of Allegheny College in Pennsylvania and pursued a career in education.
She was an educator for Greenwich Public Schools and the Stamford Public Schools. She implemented the Unwed Mother's Education Program in the Stamford school district, which was targeted toward educating teenage mothers.
She retired to Brevard County in 1996 coming from Greenwich. She was a member of the Hope Episcopal Church in Melbourne and Mallards Landing Women's Golf Group.
Deneen is survived by her husband, Thomas J. Deneen; sons, Thomas B. and David M. Deneen; two granddaughters; numerous nieces and nephews; and extended family members. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, Robert Borden.
A celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, June 27 at the Hope Episcopal Church, 190 Interlachen Road, Melbourne, Fla.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her memory to The American Heart Association.
For more information, visit www.davisseawinds.com.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Three In Custody After Shooting, Police Chase From Stamford To Norwalk