STAMFORD, Conn. – Muriel A. Brown of Stamford died Oct. 7 at Stamford Hospital, surrounded by family. She was 86.
Brown was born Dec. 12, 1925, in Queens, N.Y., to John and Anne Andersen Thompsen. She was retired from the U.S. Postal Service and loved doing needlepoint and spending winters in Vero Beach, Fla.
She is survived by four sons, Edward (Jill), Peter (Margo), Stephen (Lisa) and James (Deborah); and nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward A. Brown.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory in Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. at St. Gabriel Parish in Stamford. Burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Stamford Firefighters Burn Foundation, 629 Main St., Stamford, CT 06901.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings
- 5 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford