STAMFORD, Conn. – Muriel A. Brown of Stamford died Oct. 7 at Stamford Hospital, surrounded by family. She was 86.
Brown was born Dec. 12, 1925, in Queens, N.Y., to John and Anne Andersen Thompsen. She was retired from the U.S. Postal Service and loved doing needlepoint and spending winters in Vero Beach, Fla.
She is survived by four sons, Edward (Jill), Peter (Margo), Stephen (Lisa) and James (Deborah); and nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward A. Brown.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory in Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. at St. Gabriel Parish in Stamford. Burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Stamford Firefighters Burn Foundation, 629 Main St., Stamford, CT 06901.
- 1 Author Polacco To Visit Elementary Kids In Stamford
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Stamford
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Stamford Overnight