STAMFORD, Conn. – Muriel A. Brown of Stamford died Oct. 7 at Stamford Hospital, surrounded by family. She was 86.
Brown was born Dec. 12, 1925, in Queens, N.Y., to John and Anne Andersen Thompsen. She was retired from the U.S. Postal Service and loved doing needlepoint and spending winters in Vero Beach, Fla.
She is survived by four sons, Edward (Jill), Peter (Margo), Stephen (Lisa) and James (Deborah); and nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward A. Brown.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory in Stamford. A procession will leave the funeral home at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. at St. Gabriel Parish in Stamford. Burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Stamford Firefighters Burn Foundation, 629 Main St., Stamford, CT 06901.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow