STAMFORD, Conn. - Michael R. Manzella of Stamford died Monday, July 14. He was 78.
Manzella was born June 6, 1936, in Westerly, R.I., to Rosolino and Agnes Ida Macioni Manzella.
He was raised in Stamford. He was a veteran of the Korean War, having served in the U.S. Air Force. He worked for AMEX Co., as a printing mailroom supervisor and most recently his post retirement job was for Securitas, Security Co., both at UBS and RBS in Stamford.
Manzella is survived by his children, Michael Manzella of Arlington, Texas, Raymond Manzella of Woodbury, Johnny Ray Manzella of Arlington, Texas, Katherine Minogue of Darien; sister, Marcela Bartolo; 11 grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Bobbie Jean James Manzella; and siblings, Frances Stolfi, Victor Manzella and Anna Salvatore.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford, with a service to be held at 7:30 p.m. Interment will be private at Queen of Peace Cemetery, Rockrimmon Road, Stamford.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Stamford, NOAA Predicts