STAMFORD, Conn. - Michael R. Manzella of Stamford died Monday, July 14. He was 78.
Manzella was born June 6, 1936, in Westerly, R.I., to Rosolino and Agnes Ida Macioni Manzella.
He was raised in Stamford. He was a veteran of the Korean War, having served in the U.S. Air Force. He worked for AMEX Co., as a printing mailroom supervisor and most recently his post retirement job was for Securitas, Security Co., both at UBS and RBS in Stamford.
Manzella is survived by his children, Michael Manzella of Arlington, Texas, Raymond Manzella of Woodbury, Johnny Ray Manzella of Arlington, Texas, Katherine Minogue of Darien; sister, Marcela Bartolo; 11 grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Bobbie Jean James Manzella; and siblings, Frances Stolfi, Victor Manzella and Anna Salvatore.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 17 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford, with a service to be held at 7:30 p.m. Interment will be private at Queen of Peace Cemetery, Rockrimmon Road, Stamford.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border