STAMFORD, Conn. - Michael J. Scordo of Stamford died Sunday, Feb. 16. He was 83.
Scordo was born March 21, 1930, in Greenwich, to John and Sara Piro Scordo. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy during the Korean War, serving aboard the USS Saipan. He was employed as a machinist with Conde Nast and later at Mount Vernon Die Co., Bolt Technology and then at Sclafani Corp. before his retirement in 1999. He was a member at E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course.
Scordo is survived by his wife, Lavinia Mace Scordo; son, Michael J. Scordo (Kathy) of Trumbull; daughter, Angela M. Sclafani (Bruce) of New Canaan; brother, Joseph Scordo (Joyce) of Old Greenwich; sisters, Mary Jane Rashan (Ed) of Fairfield and Phyllis Ripley of California; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Susan Charney.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 19, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford, with a prayer service at the funeral home at 12:30 p.m. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Wounded Warrior Project, P.O. Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal