STAMFORD, Conn. - Michael C. LaDestro, a former resident of Stamford, died Thursday, March 13. He was 96.
LaDestro was born Oct. 13, 1917, in Stamford, to Fillipo and Elizabeth Giordano LaDestro. He was a Third Degree member of the Knights of Columbus of Stamford and was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served in World War II. He was awarded the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star.
LaDestro is survived by several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Anna Braccia LaDestro; brothers, Andrew, Angelo, Jerome and Salvatore LaDestro; and sisters, Angela Semenzo and Theresa Bellantonio.
Calling hours are Sunday, March 16 from 2 to 6 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Avenue, Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Monday, March 17 at 10 a.m. for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at the Sacred Heart RC Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at St. John’s RC Cemetery, Darien.
Donations may be made in LaDestro’s memory to the Wounded Warrior Project, P.O Box 758517, Topeka, Kansas 66675.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cognetta.com
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday