STAMFORD, Conn. - Melania Lozyniak of Stamford died Sunday, Feb. 23. She was 92.
Lozyniak was born Jan. 2, 1922, in Poland, to Szymon and Maria Wasiczko Pyrtej. She was a member of St. Vladimir’s Ukrainian Catholic Church. She was also a resident of the Wormser Congregate Senior Housing for the past seven years.
Lozyniak is survived by her daughters, Mary Howansky of Wilton, Julie Wheeler of Milford and Stella Langer of Ridgefield; sons, Peter Lozyniak of Ridgefield and Steve Lozyniak of South Windsor; sister, Anna Lozyniak of Poland; nine grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Dymitr Lozyniak; and brother, Petro Pyrtej.
Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 27 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford, with a Panahyda Service to take place at 7 p.m. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Friday, Feb. 28 at 11:30 a.m. and proceed to Cathedral of St. Vladimir’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, 24 Wenzel Terrace, Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 12 p.m. Interment will follow at Woodland Cemetery, Woodland Place, Stamford.
Memorial contributions may be made in Lozyniak’s name to the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Attn. Office of the Director, 1291 Taylor St., Washington D.C. 20542.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow