STAMFORD, Conn. - Mary L. Bafundi of Stamford died Thursday, Aug. 7. She was 95.
Bafundi was born Jan. 6, 1919, in Stamford, to Michael and Concetta Cerreta Geronimo. She was employed for a number of years at the GTE Corp. cafeteria in Stamford. She was a member of the Columbiettes.
Bafundi is survived by her daughter, Barbara Zeiss; two granddaughters; four great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews; and friend, Molly Orgera. She was predeceased by her parents; step-father, Raphael Cherchi; husband, Vincent (Jimmy) Bafundi; daughter, Geri Ambruso Santopietro; brothers, James Geronimo and Bernard Geronimo; and sister, Margaret O'Karma.
There are no calling hours. A Memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bafundi’s honor to VITAS Hospice, 99 Hawley Lane, Suite 1204, Stratford, CT 06614.
For more information, visit www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com/
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say