STAMFORD, Conn. - Mary L. Bafundi of Stamford died Thursday, Aug. 7. She was 95.
Bafundi was born Jan. 6, 1919, in Stamford, to Michael and Concetta Cerreta Geronimo. She was employed for a number of years at the GTE Corp. cafeteria in Stamford. She was a member of the Columbiettes.
Bafundi is survived by her daughter, Barbara Zeiss; two granddaughters; four great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews; and friend, Molly Orgera. She was predeceased by her parents; step-father, Raphael Cherchi; husband, Vincent (Jimmy) Bafundi; daughter, Geri Ambruso Santopietro; brothers, James Geronimo and Bernard Geronimo; and sister, Margaret O'Karma.
There are no calling hours. A Memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, at Sacred Heart Church, 37 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bafundi’s honor to VITAS Hospice, 99 Hawley Lane, Suite 1204, Stratford, CT 06614.
For more information, visit www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com/
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advocacy Group
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford