STAMFORD, Conn. - Mary Joette Gerstner of Stamford died Jan. 12. She was 72.
Gerstner was born March 20, 1941, in Binghamton, N.Y. She grew up in Endicott, N.Y. She was first employed as a paralegal and then went to work for IBM. After her marriage she moved to Stamford in 1964 where she started her family. In 1978 the family moved to Paris, France, and after four years they returned to Stamford.
Gerstner is survived by her daughter, Tricia Gerstner Crump (Gregg) of Pennsylvania; son, David L. Gerstner (Maureen Bujdud) of Stamford; five grandchildren; brother, Thomas G. Tallman of New York; several cousins; nieces and nephews; and grand nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Richard T. Gerstner.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Leo P. Gallagher & Sons Funeral Home located at 2900 Summer St., in Stamford. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at the Church of the Holy Spirit, 403 Scofieldtown Road in Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to The American Cancer Society.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say