RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Marion E. Meury of Ridgefield, formerly of Stamford, died Sunday, Aug. 17. She was 81.
Meury was born June 3, 1933, in Stamford, to Frederick and Margaret (Gustafson) Suden. She attended Stamford schools. She was a former customer service representative, employed at first by CL&P, then the former Fairfield County Bank and later Boehringer Ingelheim. A resident of Ridgefield for the past 50 years coming from Stamford, she was a member of AARP, O.W.L.S. and Founders Hall.
Meury is survived by her daughter, Kathryn L. Perkins of Lawrence, N.J.; sister, Eleanon Suden of Bridgeport; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, George E. Meury; son, Kenneth Meury; and sister, Ruth Oliver.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. in the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield. Funeral services will take place Thursday, Aug. 21 at 11:30 a.m. in the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield with the Rev. Dr. Charles Hambrick-Stowe officiating. Burial will follow in Ridgebury Cemetery, Ridgefield.
Contributions may be made to Meals on Wheels, 25 Gilbert St., Ridgefield, CT 06877.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director