STAMFORD, Conn. - Margaret Winters of Stamford died Monday, March 24. She was 91.
Winters was born Jan. 22, 1923, in Lancaster, England. She was the daughter of William and Mary Watson and immigrated to the United States as a child with her parents. She was raised in Port Chester, N.Y., and spent most of her adult life in Stamford.
Until her retirement, she was employed by the Stamford Podiatry Group. She was a member of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Stamford.
Winters is survived by her brother, Robert Watson (Carol) of Fairfield; and many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Arthur J. Winters; and brothers, Clemett and Kenneth.
At her request, there will be no funeral service and interment will be private.
Donations may be made in her memory to the Connecticut Humane Society, 701 Russell Road, Newington, CT 05111
For more information, please visit: http://www.cognetta.com.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School