GREENWICH, Conn. - Margaret "Peggy" Dowlin of Greenwich died Friday, May 30. She was 91.
Dowlin was born Dec. 29, 1922, in Stamford, to William and Frances Braunsetter Russell. She worked for the Department of Motor Vehicles in Stamford for many years. As a longtime resident of Greenwich, she was a parishioner of St. Mary's Church and was a member of the Emblem Club.
Dowlin is survived by her sister, Anne Saunders of New Canaan; brother, William Russell of Brookfield; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, John Dowlin.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 3, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Leo P Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 31 Arch St, Greenwich. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 3, at St. Mary Roman Catholic Church, 178 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich. Interment will be at St. Mary Cemetery, Greenwich.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Stamford-Bound Metro-North Train
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford