GREENWICH, Conn. - Margaret "Peggy" Dowlin of Greenwich died Friday, May 30. She was 91.
Dowlin was born Dec. 29, 1922, in Stamford, to William and Frances Braunsetter Russell. She worked for the Department of Motor Vehicles in Stamford for many years. As a longtime resident of Greenwich, she was a parishioner of St. Mary's Church and was a member of the Emblem Club.
Dowlin is survived by her sister, Anne Saunders of New Canaan; brother, William Russell of Brookfield; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, John Dowlin.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 3, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Leo P Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 31 Arch St, Greenwich. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 3, at St. Mary Roman Catholic Church, 178 Greenwich Ave., Greenwich. Interment will be at St. Mary Cemetery, Greenwich.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Single-Family Home Price Climbs 5.1 Percent In Stamford