STAMFORD, Conn. - Margaret M. "Peggy" Wood of Stamford died June 18. She was 98.
Wood was born June 28, 1915, to John and Lillian Moore in Newfoundland. She came to the United States in 1952 as a licensed practicing nurse. She worked at St. Joseph's Hospital for 32 years and was a lifelong volunteer with the Red Cross. She was a past member of the Bridgeport Diocese of Catholic Nurses and was a member of the AARP Chapter 546.
Wood was predeceased by her parents; husband, Leonard; brothers, James and Edward Mullaly; and sisters, Sarah Nelson, Lillian Brown, and Dorothy Housman.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 24, at the Basilica of St. John the Evangelist, 279 Atlantic St., Stamford. A burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery, 230 Oak Lawn Ave., Stamford.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast