STAMFORD, Conn. - Margaret M. "Peggy" Wood of Stamford died June 18. She was 98.
Wood was born June 28, 1915, to John and Lillian Moore in Newfoundland. She came to the United States in 1952 as a licensed practicing nurse. She worked at St. Joseph's Hospital for 32 years and was a lifelong volunteer with the Red Cross. She was a past member of the Bridgeport Diocese of Catholic Nurses and was a member of the AARP Chapter 546.
Wood was predeceased by her parents; husband, Leonard; brothers, James and Edward Mullaly; and sisters, Sarah Nelson, Lillian Brown, and Dorothy Housman.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 24, at the Basilica of St. John the Evangelist, 279 Atlantic St., Stamford. A burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery, 230 Oak Lawn Ave., Stamford.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed