STAMFORD, Conn. - Margaret M. "Peggy" Wood of Stamford died June 18. She was 98.
Wood was born June 28, 1915, to John and Lillian Moore in Newfoundland. She came to the United States in 1952 as a licensed practicing nurse. She worked at St. Joseph's Hospital for 32 years and was a lifelong volunteer with the Red Cross. She was a past member of the Bridgeport Diocese of Catholic Nurses and was a member of the AARP Chapter 546.
Wood was predeceased by her parents; husband, Leonard; brothers, James and Edward Mullaly; and sisters, Sarah Nelson, Lillian Brown, and Dorothy Housman.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 24, at the Basilica of St. John the Evangelist, 279 Atlantic St., Stamford. A burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery, 230 Oak Lawn Ave., Stamford.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48