STAMFORD, Conn. - Margaret M. "Peggy" Wood of Stamford died June 18. She was 98.
Wood was born June 28, 1915, to John and Lillian Moore in Newfoundland. She came to the United States in 1952 as a licensed practicing nurse. She worked at St. Joseph's Hospital for 32 years and was a lifelong volunteer with the Red Cross. She was a past member of the Bridgeport Diocese of Catholic Nurses and was a member of the AARP Chapter 546.
Wood was predeceased by her parents; husband, Leonard; brothers, James and Edward Mullaly; and sisters, Sarah Nelson, Lillian Brown, and Dorothy Housman.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 24, at the Basilica of St. John the Evangelist, 279 Atlantic St., Stamford. A burial will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery, 230 Oak Lawn Ave., Stamford.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford For Monday Morning Commute