STAMFORD, Conn. - M. William Roche of Stamford died April 12. He was 96.
Roche was born April 1, 1928, in New London. After high school at Bulkeley School, he graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He served in the Navy during World War II. He later served as a second lieutenant in the Army in Korea earning a Bronze Star. He had a 39-year career with Pfizer. He served as chairman Pfizer UK, president Pfizer Europe, and president Animal Health Group. In retirement he spent his time at both Winged Foot Golf Club and Harbour Ridge Yacht and Country Club.
Roche is survived by his wife, Mary Elizabeth; children, Marie (Chris), Lori (Royce), Ellen (Brian), Bill (Lisa), Bob (Judiann), and Mark; 12 grandchildren; and a great grandchild. He was predeceased by his first wife, Dolores Robert.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Shippan's Thomas M. Gallagher Funeral Home (same building as Bosak) 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, CT (203)359-9999. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 16 at St Michael the Archangel Parish, 469 North St., Greenwich. Burial will follow at St John Cemetery, Darien.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Rensselaer at http://www.rpi.edu/giving/ways.html in honor of M.W.Roche ('51)
For more information, please visit: http://www.gallagherfuneralhome.com
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford