STAMFORD, Conn. - Lucy D. Gibson of Stamford died Wednesday, April 2. She was 87.
Gibson was born in Tolve, Italy. She came to America in 1934. She was raised by her aunt and uncle on a farm in Nanticoke, Pa. After graduating high school, she moved to New York City and began schooling to become a registered nurse. She worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital before moving to California to educate herself further and became a nurse anesthetist.
After her marriage she settled in Stamford, where she lived with her family for the last 41 years. She held a position as a registered nurse at St Joseph's Hospital followed by Pitney Bowes until she retired.
Gibson is survived by her husband, Rod; son, Ted (Marlene); four grandchildren; brother-in-law, Pat; and three nieces and a nephew. She was predeceased by her mother; son, John; sister, Antoinette; and twin sister, Mary.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, April 7 at Holy Spirit Church, 403 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford. Burial will follow at Queen of Peace Cemetery, Rock Rimmon Road, Stamford.
Memorial donations may be made to Holy Spirit Church, 403 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford, CT 06903.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Lucy-Gibson&lc=4878&pid=170494607&mid=5919506
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Stamford Overnight