STAMFORD, Conn. - Lucille Marie McKeever of Stamford died Saturday, March 22. She was 81.
McKeever was born July 5, 1932, in the Bronx, N.Y., to Joseph and Angelina Minicozzi. She grew up in Oyster Bay, N.Y., on Long Island, and graduated from Oyster Bay High School. She later worked in the controller's office of Oyster Bay Town Hall.
She worked at the front desk of Walter J. McKeever and Co., LLC, in Greenwich for more than three decades. She had volunteered for several years in the library at Northeast School in Stamford, where she resided for 47 years. She was a longtime member of Innis Arden Golf Club in Old Greenwich.
McKeeever is survived by her husband, Walter J. McKeever Jr. of Stamford; daughter, Denise Doria of Stamford; son, Kevin McKeever of Stamford; son-in-law, Nicola Doria of Stamford; daughter-in-law, Rhonda Pallas McKeever of Stamford; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, March 26, at Castiglione Funeral Home, 134 Hamilton Ave., in the Chickahominy section of Greenwich. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 27 at St. Mary Parish, 178 Greenwich Ave. in Greenwich. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in McKeever’s memory to help find a cure for juvenile myositis, donations may be made either online at curejm.org or by mail to Cure JM Foundation, 836 Lynwood Drive, Encinitas, Calif., 92024.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made