STAMFORD, Conn. – Louise M. DeCarlo Uva, a longtime Stamford resident, died Oct. 24, at her home in Branford, Conn., surrounded by her children. She was 92.
Uva was born Dec. 24, 1919, in New Canaan to Carlo and Marcellina Sachet Menotti. Family and friends were not only her life, but her happiness as well, her family said.
She is survived by a daughter, Diane M. Garrity, of Clinton, Conn.; a son, Albert T. (Peggy) DeCarlo Jr., of Stamford; a sister, Gloria Cretella, of Naugatuck, Conn.; two grandsons; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her first husband, Albert T. DeCarlo; her second husband, Christian P. Uva; and a brother, Anthony Menotti.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary’s Church in Stamford. Burial will follow at St. John’s Cemetery in Darien. Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Connecticut Hospice Inc., 100 Double Beach Road, Branford, CT 06405.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm