STAMFORD, Conn. – Louise M. DeCarlo Uva, a longtime Stamford resident, died Oct. 24, at her home in Branford, Conn., surrounded by her children. She was 92.
Uva was born Dec. 24, 1919, in New Canaan to Carlo and Marcellina Sachet Menotti. Family and friends were not only her life, but her happiness as well, her family said.
She is survived by a daughter, Diane M. Garrity, of Clinton, Conn.; a son, Albert T. (Peggy) DeCarlo Jr., of Stamford; a sister, Gloria Cretella, of Naugatuck, Conn.; two grandsons; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her first husband, Albert T. DeCarlo; her second husband, Christian P. Uva; and a brother, Anthony Menotti.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary’s Church in Stamford. Burial will follow at St. John’s Cemetery in Darien. Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Connecticut Hospice Inc., 100 Double Beach Road, Branford, CT 06405.
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 3 Second West Nile Virus Case Confirmed In Stamford
- 4 Wilton Police Land Two Stamford Men Fishing Illegally In Reservoir
- 5 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'