STAMFORD, Conn. – Louise M. DeCarlo Uva, a longtime Stamford resident, died Oct. 24, at her home in Branford, Conn., surrounded by her children. She was 92.
Uva was born Dec. 24, 1919, in New Canaan to Carlo and Marcellina Sachet Menotti. Family and friends were not only her life, but her happiness as well, her family said.
She is survived by a daughter, Diane M. Garrity, of Clinton, Conn.; a son, Albert T. (Peggy) DeCarlo Jr., of Stamford; a sister, Gloria Cretella, of Naugatuck, Conn.; two grandsons; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her first husband, Albert T. DeCarlo; her second husband, Christian P. Uva; and a brother, Anthony Menotti.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary’s Church in Stamford. Burial will follow at St. John’s Cemetery in Darien. Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Connecticut Hospice Inc., 100 Double Beach Road, Branford, CT 06405.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say
- 5 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening