STAMFORD, Conn. - Louise (Malizia) DiChiara, a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Monday, Aug. 19. She was 83.
DiChiara was born Jan. 17, 1930, in Stamford; daughter of Arthur (Mickey) and Ann Festa Roberts. She worked in the maternity ward at the Stamford Hospital. She later worked at Buker Ramo Corporation in Stamford and Trumbull as an electronics technician until she retired.
DiChiara is survived by her sons, Stamford firefighter Kenneth Malizia (Maureen) of New Canaan, and Joseph Malizia (Barbara) of Norwalk; sisters, Marion Cullen of Bedford, N.H. and Dolores Dube of Norwalk; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; her husbands, Joseph Malizia and Philip DiChiara; and brother, Arthur Roberts.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24 at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Local 786 Firefighters Burn Foundation, Stamford Fire Headquarters, 629 Main St., Stamford, CT 06901.
- 1 Stamford Man, Girlfriend Charged In Attack On His Ex-Wife
- 2 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 3 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 5 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty