STAMFORD, Conn. - Louise (Malizia) DiChiara, a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Monday, Aug. 19. She was 83.
DiChiara was born Jan. 17, 1930, in Stamford; daughter of Arthur (Mickey) and Ann Festa Roberts. She worked in the maternity ward at the Stamford Hospital. She later worked at Buker Ramo Corporation in Stamford and Trumbull as an electronics technician until she retired.
DiChiara is survived by her sons, Stamford firefighter Kenneth Malizia (Maureen) of New Canaan, and Joseph Malizia (Barbara) of Norwalk; sisters, Marion Cullen of Bedford, N.H. and Dolores Dube of Norwalk; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; her husbands, Joseph Malizia and Philip DiChiara; and brother, Arthur Roberts.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24 at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Local 786 Firefighters Burn Foundation, Stamford Fire Headquarters, 629 Main St., Stamford, CT 06901.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Stamford-Bound Metro-North Train
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place