STAMFORD, Conn. - Louise (Malizia) DiChiara, a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Monday, Aug. 19. She was 83.
DiChiara was born Jan. 17, 1930, in Stamford; daughter of Arthur (Mickey) and Ann Festa Roberts. She worked in the maternity ward at the Stamford Hospital. She later worked at Buker Ramo Corporation in Stamford and Trumbull as an electronics technician until she retired.
DiChiara is survived by her sons, Stamford firefighter Kenneth Malizia (Maureen) of New Canaan, and Joseph Malizia (Barbara) of Norwalk; sisters, Marion Cullen of Bedford, N.H. and Dolores Dube of Norwalk; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; her husbands, Joseph Malizia and Philip DiChiara; and brother, Arthur Roberts.
Calling hours are Friday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Hoyt Funeral Home, 199 Main St., New Canaan. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24 at St. Aloysius Church, Cherry St., New Canaan. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Local 786 Firefighters Burn Foundation, Stamford Fire Headquarters, 629 Main St., Stamford, CT 06901.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report