STAMFORD, Conn. -- Louis Matthew Polidoro, 61, died Sunday, Feb. 9, at his home in Stamford.
Polidoro was diagnosed with cancer Jan. 10. He was born in the Bronx, N.Y., on May 11, 1952, to Matthew Polidoro and Lorraine Klass Polidoro and grew up in East Haven.
He managed restaurants in New York City when he was in his late 20s. After moving to Stamford, Polidoro worked as a banquet director at the Italian Center for many years. An entrepreneur at heart, he launched Stamford Painting Contractors in 1984, which is now operated under Shoreline Painting and Drywall. His true passion was food and serving the patrons at one of his many restaurants over the years.
Polidoro is survived by his wife, Jacquie Jesselli Polidoro, sons Matthew Charles Polidoro and Christopher Lee Polidoro, and daughter; Jessica Lorraine Polidoro, all of Stamford; and his sister; Donna Polidoro Savino, of Branford.
Services were held last week. Bosak Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, handled arrangements. To leave an online condolence message, sign the family guestbook on www.bosakfuneralhome.com or visit the funeral home on Facebook.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued