STAMFORD, Conn. -- Louis Matthew Polidoro, 61, died Sunday, Feb. 9, at his home in Stamford.
Polidoro was diagnosed with cancer Jan. 10. He was born in the Bronx, N.Y., on May 11, 1952, to Matthew Polidoro and Lorraine Klass Polidoro and grew up in East Haven.
He managed restaurants in New York City when he was in his late 20s. After moving to Stamford, Polidoro worked as a banquet director at the Italian Center for many years. An entrepreneur at heart, he launched Stamford Painting Contractors in 1984, which is now operated under Shoreline Painting and Drywall. His true passion was food and serving the patrons at one of his many restaurants over the years.
Polidoro is survived by his wife, Jacquie Jesselli Polidoro, sons Matthew Charles Polidoro and Christopher Lee Polidoro, and daughter; Jessica Lorraine Polidoro, all of Stamford; and his sister; Donna Polidoro Savino, of Branford.
Services were held last week. Bosak Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, handled arrangements. To leave an online condolence message, sign the family guestbook on www.bosakfuneralhome.com or visit the funeral home on Facebook.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford
- 5 UBS Lists Stamford Office Space As Available For Lease