STAMFORD, Conn. -- Louis Matthew Polidoro, 61, died Sunday, Feb. 9, at his home in Stamford.
Polidoro was diagnosed with cancer Jan. 10. He was born in the Bronx, N.Y., on May 11, 1952, to Matthew Polidoro and Lorraine Klass Polidoro and grew up in East Haven.
He managed restaurants in New York City when he was in his late 20s. After moving to Stamford, Polidoro worked as a banquet director at the Italian Center for many years. An entrepreneur at heart, he launched Stamford Painting Contractors in 1984, which is now operated under Shoreline Painting and Drywall. His true passion was food and serving the patrons at one of his many restaurants over the years.
Polidoro is survived by his wife, Jacquie Jesselli Polidoro, sons Matthew Charles Polidoro and Christopher Lee Polidoro, and daughter; Jessica Lorraine Polidoro, all of Stamford; and his sister; Donna Polidoro Savino, of Branford.
Services were held last week. Bosak Funeral Home, 453 Shippan Ave., Stamford, handled arrangements. To leave an online condolence message, sign the family guestbook on www.bosakfuneralhome.com or visit the funeral home on Facebook.
- 1 Stamford Woman Charged With Punching Ex-Boyfriend's New Girlfriend
- 2 Westhill's Northstar Playmakers Perform 'Hairspray' In Stamford
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 4 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed