STAMFORD, Conn. - Liliana Pappa of Stamford died May 5. She was 70.
Pappa was born Jan. 3, 1944, in Minturno, Italy, to Leonardo and Maria Lopiano. She moved to Stamford in 1971. She was a 40-year resident of the Shippan area and worked at Pitney Bowes.
Pappa is survived by her husband, Aldo Pappa of Stamford; children, Michael Pappa (Rosemary) of Trumbull, Robert Pappa (Shannon) and Maria Pappa, both of Fairfield; sisters, Rosa Sciaretta Pappa (Patrick) of Stamford, Vincenza Ciccadicola (Armando), Pia Lopiano; brothers, Antonio Lopiano and Giovanni Lopiano (Tilda), all of Italy; four grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Pasquale Lopiano; and sister, Angelina Lupariello.
Calling hours are May 8 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home at 10:30 a.m. May 9 for a Mass of Christian burial to be celebrated at 11 a.m. at Our Lady Star of the Sea RC Church, 1200 Shippan Ave., Stamford. Interment will follow at Queen of Peace Cemetery, Rockrimmon Road, Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Pappa's memory to the Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center, 30 Shelburne Road, Stamford, CT 06904.
- 1 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 2 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money