STAMFORD, Conn. - Laura G. Tomczyk of Stamford died Tuesday, April 1. She was 54.
Tomczyk was born Sept. 17, 1959, in Stamford, to Richard Springer and Florence Williams Springer. She was a longtime employee of the Marle Northeast Electrical Co. in Stamford.
Tomczyk is survived by her husband, Robert J. Tomczyk, of Stamford; daughters Michelle L. Tomczyk and Danielle M. Tomczyk, both of Stamford; father, Richard Springer of Florida; sisters Florence Pike of Florida, Carolyn Springer of Stamford and Lisa Springer of New York; mother and father-in-law, Anthony and Geraldine Tomczyk of Stamford; and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. She was predeceased by her mother and sisters Janice and Cheryl Springer.
Calling hours are Monday, April 7, from 3 to 7 p.m. at Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A prayer service will be celebrated Monday, April 7, at 5:30 p.m. during calling hours. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Tomczyk’s memory to the New England Organ Bank, 60 First Ave., Waltham, MA 02451 or to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place Building, Memphis, TN 38105.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 4 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 5 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School