STAMFORD, Conn. - Julia Esther Magan of Stamford died Sunday, July 20. She was 94.
Magan was born Feb. 29, 1920, in Pueblo Libre, Ancash, Peru. At the age of 10, she became an orphan and migrated to San Jacinto to live with her brother, Maximo, who was the barber of the plantation, as well as with her siblings Pedro, Demetrio, and Maria. She lived most of her life in San Jacinto. In 1971, she moved to Lima. Most recently, in the past three years, she has lived in Stamford.
Magan is survived by her children, Edith, Carlos, Irma, Eduardo, Nico, Willy, Leonor, Magda and Lucho; 12 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Eladio Magan.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 23, from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Leo P. Gallagher & Son Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at noon Thursday, July 24, at St Mary's Church, 566 Elm St., Stamford. Burial will follow in Fairfield Memorial Park Cemetery, 230 Oaklawn Ave., Stamford.
For more information, visit www.leopgallagherstamford.com
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow