STAMFORD, Conn. - Joseph A. Valenti, Jr., a lifelong resident of Stamford, died Thursday, June 26. He was 86.
Valenti was born April 15, 1928, he was the son of Joseph A. and Margaret Turcer Valenti Sr. He
was a member of the Junior Chamber of Commerce, and a charter member of Glenbrook Athletic Club and also served in the U.S. Marine Corps. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from UConn and was a former employee of Northeast Utilities as superintendent of the Devon Station.
Valenti is survived by his wife, Pauline (Andersson) Valenti; sons, Joseph A. Valenti, III (Deborah) of Indiana, Michael A. Valenti (Amy) of Delaware and Steven A. Valenti (Brooke) of Connecticut; nine grandsons; seven great-grandchildren; and a nephew and two nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; and sisters, Margaret Pagniello and Jennie Romaniello.
Calling hours are Monday, June 30 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A funeral procession will leave the funeral home Tuesday, July 1 at 9:20 a.m. and proceed to St. Gabriel’s RC Church, 914 Newfield Ave., Stamford for a Mass of Christian Burial to be celebrated at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park, Oaklawn Ave., Stamford.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say
- 5 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening